If you suffer from skin that is too oily, it is completely understood if you have tried dozens of different products and home remedies on your face. Oily skin can be quite irritating and also lead to blackheads and whiteheads repeatedly.
There are abundant home remedies available online, but the problem is that most of them do not seem to work too well. Here are some simple steps you can take, recommended by a clinical dermatologist, which are meant to provide you actual relief. Honey and bananas will usually not do the trick; you may need different active ingredients and you may need a proper routine to deal with your oily skin in the long term.
Here are some things that will help you and you should definitely incorporate them in your lifestyle:
1) Do not forget to moisturize your skin every day. This may sound counter-intuitive, but when you use a moisturizer, you are telling your skin that the barrier is intact and the skin is hydrated enough. This in turn means that the skin will not try to produce excess sebum. When there is no excess sebum, your skin will feel less oily.
2) Use gel-based products to make your skin feel better. For example, the moisturizer that you want to pick up, based on the previous suggestion, make sure that it is gel-based. This will make your skin feel healthier and better. Creams will tend to make it feel even more oily.
3) Look for salicylic acid in your skin care products. Almost all of us use some skincare product or the other. Salicylic acid helps dry the sebum from pores. If you have excessively oily skin, you may want to make sure that at least some of the products you use daily, do contain salicylic acid. If you want to go an extra mile, you can also look for a salicylic acid chemical peel at a skin clinic.
4) Cleanse your face twice a day. This suggestion is quite obvious and understandably beneficial if you have oily skin. Another extra thing you can do is make sure that your cleanser contains tea tree oil, neem or turmeric. These natural ingredients do help reduce oiliness, so the more the merrier.
5) Use chemical exfoliators once a week. All the talk of natural is great, but what you must also understand is that many of the chemicals used are also available naturally. When you want the action to be more intense, you may want to go for chemical exfoliation. Using products which contain glycolic acid could do you wonders.
6) Always wear sunscreen. It protects you from sun damage, age damage and also cancer. Just because you have oily skin, doesn’t mean you can avoid. In fact, use one of the earlier suggestions and look for a gel-based sunscreen. This won’t feel sticky, but will provide all the benefits.
7) Use a mask once a week. There are many face masks which are designed to help with oily skin. A simple search on the internet will provide you a list of your options. Go ahead and pick one from any reputed manufacturer that is available near you.
8) Use blotting paper on your face if oil production is intense. There is a lot of literature online about blotting paper online. Some say it is good, some say otherwise. According to this dermatologist, if you have intensely oily skin, you can definitely choose to use blotting paper as it will provide immediate relief.
9) Use niacinamide serum for sebum regulation. This is a power ingredient and works really well on sebum regulation. In case your oily skin is at the top of your mind, the serum you use daily should contain niacinamide. It will help regulate your sebum production and will make your skin feel a lot better. Preferably use as part of your night routine.
10) Get a clean-up or facial regularly. Something like the carbon facial would be great. It will help you clean out your pores thoroughly and make your skin feel a lot fresher. You can choose to get them once a month or every two months, depending on your convenience.
If you suffer from skin that is uncomfortably dry, it is completely understood if you have tried dozens of different products and home remedies on your face. Dry skin can be quite irritating and also lead to irritation and discomfort. There are abundant home remedies available online, but the pr...
If you suffer from skin that is too oily, it is completely understood if you have tried dozens of different products and home remedies on your face. Oily skin can be quite irritating and also lead to blackheads and whiteheads repeatedly. There are abundant home remedies available online, but ...
All skin tones are beautiful, however, having a lighter skin tone is a desire that seems to transcend race. In fact, the origin of facials started with European noble women wanting to look paler than their natural skin tone. The assumption was that someone who has lighter skin has had less exposu...
The most basic skin care advice that almost all dermatologists provide is that you must always wear sunscreen. Why is it so important? Its important because sun exposure can not only lead to signs of aging, pigmentation, damage to skin and sunburns, but also be a catalyst to a fatal condition lik...